For Adults with Learning Difficulties
Training at The Trough – Learn new skills and build your confidence
An exciting new project at Bath City Farm, we are looking for people with learning difficulties or mental health problems to help us run our popular community café: The Trough. Volunteers will be fully trained and supported – it’s a great opportunity to build confidence and gain transferable workplace skills and industry-approved food hygiene training.
• Customer service and teamwork
• Food production and food safety
• Communication skills and independence
• Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
Thursday Café Sessions 10am to 1pm and 1pm to 4pm
Friday Kitchen Sessions 10am to 3pm
For more information or to arrange a time to visit and find out more, contact Mike on 01225 481269 or email email@example.com
EARTHworks – the Farm’s Horticultural Therapy Project for adults with learning difficulties
The project runs every Tuesday from 10am-3pm
Activities include sowing seeds and looking after plants in the polytunnel and on the allotment, building raised beds, cooking using own grown produce, looking after animals and much more.
• There is a registration fee of £30, but the sessions are free.
• Some service users may need to attend with a support worker, depending on their ability.
Please call Alexia on 01225 481269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.