Opening times & location
We are open Monday to Saturday 9.00am – 5.00pm and Sunday 12.00 noon – 3.00pm. Entry is FREE. The farm is accessible 24 hours a day, every day of the year, by foot through the kissing gates or stiles. You do not need permission to visit the animals but there is no access to the toilets, farm shop or the car park outside of our opening hours.
The Trough Café is open Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday 10.30am – 4.00pm and Sunday 12.00 noon – 3.00pm. The café sells a selection of delicious homemade cakes, sausage rolls, soups and hot drinks.
The farm shop is open Monday to Saturday 9.00am – 5.00pm and Sunday 12.00 noon – 3.00pm and sells a selection of free-range meat and eggs, home made jam, apple juice, organic vegetables, plants and gifts. All produce is seasonal and changes frequently.
Please help us look after the farm and our family of animals by:
- Keeping dogs on a lead.
- Using the hand wash station after touching animals.
- Not feeding the animals. Chicken feed is available to buy at the Farm Office.
- Using the liter bins provided.
- Giving a small donation when visiting, if possible.
HOW TO FIND US
Bath City Farm is located on the hillside above Twerton Park Football Ground, offering fabulous views across Bath.
Address: Bath City Farm, Kelston View, Bath, BA2 1NW
ON FOOT/BICYCLE: It’s a short, but uphill! walk from the popular Two Tunnels Greenway. Leave the Greenway at the Dartmouth Avenue bridge, cross the Brickfield open space, and turn left to walk up The Hollow. There are some cycle racks available at the farm.
BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Take the number 10 or 5 bus from the main Bath bus station. The no. 10 stops on Sladebrook Road, just below the junction with Mount Road. Walk up Sladebrook Road and turn right into Mount Road, passing the shops. At the mini roundabout turn right into The Hollow and walk downhill. Kelston View is the second turning on the left. The no. 5 stops in Kelston View by private garages. Walk along the farm fence line until you reach the main entrance to the farm car park.
BY CAR: There is easy road access from the City Centre and from Whiteway Road to the farm. We have a small car park which is available during farm opening hours Monday to Saturday 9.ooam – 5.00pm.
- Coming from Lower Bristol Road, turn left under the railway bridge opposite Golden Fleece pub (brown sign). Go to the top of the hill and turn left onto the Hollow. Continue up the hill through the traffic calming scheme and take the first right (brown sign) into Kelston View. The main gates to the Farm are on the right.
- Coming from Whiteway Road, turn into The Hollow opposite Haycombe Crematorium, and follow the road downhill. Turn left into Kelston View.