‘The Crater’ Outdoor Performance Space
(but pIf you’re looking for somewhere to stage your next performance, talk or other event, we have the perfect place!
The Crater is a beautiful timber amphitheatre shaped performance space, sited within a World War II bomb crater in the centre of our sheep field. It is accessible down a fenced off gravel path from our café kiosk. Although the facilities are fairly simple it is in a fantastic setting with extensive views of Bath and the surrounding countryside. The stage is accessed across a wooden bridge and is partially surrounded by spring fed water creating a pond area with frogs and newts. The banks are planted with wild flowers.
Venue hire: £40/hr performing companies, £30/hr Schools, voluntary groups.
What we can provide for the hire charge:
- The farm’s café kiosk selling teas, coffees and light snacks will be open 30 minutes before the performance starts and during any interval.
- The farm will provide a site manager for the whole duration of the hire.
- The car park holds up to 35 cars but there is additional parking on Kelston view and adjoining streets (but please park considerately to our neighbours if you need to use this).
- Toilet facilities will be available in our main building.
- Litter bins will be provided during the performance.
- If required we can provide an ‘off stage’ 3x3m gazebo for performers to shelter under.
- Electric: there are two 13A 240v sockets and one 32 amp socket about 4 metres from the stage. Any lighting or sound equipment used must be provided by the Company and meet current health and safety standards.
For more information or to arrange a visit call 01225 481269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org